iPhone 6+ case that has good grip, is slim, and protects?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AppleKing786, Sep 25, 2014.

1. AppleKing786, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

AppleKing786 macrumors member

AppleKing786

Can't find any one case that meets all of my criteria. Would love some help please.

I am looking for a iPhone 6 plus case that has the following, in order of preference:

1. Improves the grip on the phone. Phone is too slippery and large for my hands and I am worried about dropping it.

2. Should be reasonably slim. With the cost of the phone, I want it to look great and not very bulky. Ideally it should be good quality material and not feel cheap.

3. Given the size of my hands, I am certain I will drop my 6+ many times. So hoping the case will provide some protection.

I am planning on getting AppleCare and not looking for a folio/wallet or pockets or belt clip or anything extra. My budget is under $40/50 if possible.

Thanks for the tips, in advance.

2. AppleKing786 thread starter macrumors member

AppleKing786

3. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

+1 to this thread. Got an iPhone 6 and have kinda small hands. It's extremely slippery and dangerous trying to reach the opposite end of the screen. If it adds grip and makes it safer to use, I'll keep my 6 Plus.

So any recommendations would be appreciated.

P.S. Is the Apple Leather case any good for grip and more safer use?

4. AppleKing786 thread starter macrumors member

AppleKing786

Thanks for the Speck tip.
    I have added my name to their availability list. Though I am a bit concerned about all the negative chatter here for Speck cases.

I tried Apple's leather case and silicon cases at the store. Both seem to be slippery to me, but the silicon one seemed to be less.

5. AE14 macrumors 65816

I have returned both. Too slippery and not strong enough for such a thin phone. Currently have the pelican protector. Not as terrible as I thought.

6. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

This one might be good. I have had SwitchEasy cases for years and I like them a lot. The back is polycarbonate which is hard so you would get some protection from bending, the sides are soft, the ports on the bottom are covered so dirt does not get in and the plugs are attached so you can't lose them. They also have a clear all polycarbonate hard case for about $25. I suspect the protection would not be as strong as an Otterbox, but it looks better by far than an Otterbox.

7. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Oh dear, I was hoping that the Apple Leather case would be the savior. Gonna have to quickly find another case before my 14 day return period ends.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. ;)

8. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I actually think the Apple silicone case is the best bet here. It's not ultra grippy, but certainly better than the bare phone by a good margin. While it won't protect against major impacts, it will provide some decent protection and it's very slim. I personally love mine.

9. Ramrod82 macrumors regular

Ramrod82

I am in the same boat....I currently have the incipio dual pro (whatever it is called) case on my 6 plus...provides excellent protection, but is just too bulky. I was hoping the apple case, not the leather one would cover the bottom, so when I dock it in my car it would possibly scratch the bottom. I always enjoyed the speck cases, but as of now the 6 plus cases seem to all be garbage.

10. blue rocket macrumors 6502

blue rocket

11. Mike4AU macrumors member

I am now on my third grip. The iphone 6 is, to be obvious, quite thin, which makes it slippery. The Speck Candy Shell Grip, which I just bought at the Verizon store, gives me the grip that I need, without being bulky. I give it 5 stars. My case search is over.

12. wxman2003 Suspended

13. cnick6 macrumors regular

cnick6

14. AppleKing786 thread starter macrumors member

AppleKing786

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate the feedback. My phone will not be here for another few weeks so i haven't pulled the trigger still.

Thoughts on the Urban Armor Gear (UAG)? Anyone own one?
    http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/products/scout-for-iphone-6-plus
    [​IMG]

I am unsure about the grip. Unsure how grippy those rubberized pieces on the side of the case are. Most of the plastic will probably be slippery. Unsure if there is a grip difference between the black and clear design.

Thinking of getting the black one but unsure if the case will show much wear and tear, dust, etc. Thoughts on color choices? Ordered the space grey 6+.

Thanks!

15. bigcat macrumors 6502

16. Jigga macrumors 6502