Iphone 6 case with belt clip/holster...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by adammusic, Nov 26, 2014.

1. adammusic macrumors 6502

adammusic

Anyone know a case where you can actually access the power button on the side while having the phone in the holster? Power button on the side is the worst change with the iphone 6 for case designs. Thanks !

2. azhava macrumors regular

No problem accessing it in the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro. The retaining clip for the holster is at about the midpoint of the phone, below the power button. You can also access the up/down buttons and ring/mute switch.

3. adammusic thread starter macrumors 6502

adammusic

how dooes the volume switch work on that case? It looks like its covered in photos. Also can you cut off the pieces that protect the charging port so its always open if i needed to?

4. azhava macrumors regular

It is covered. You have to open the rubber flap over it to access the mute switch.

Sure you could. You could cut off the ones over the headphone jack and ring/mute switch too if you wanted to.

5. adammusic thread starter macrumors 6502

adammusic

I also dont like how you cant slide the phone in and out in the supcase. But i dont think there s any slide holsters that can access the power button easily. Might try the supcase if the other one i just ordered doesnt work. Power button should have never left the top.

----------

If i cut the volume switch one off, will the button be easily accessed by big fingers lol. Its for my dad. Trying to find the perfect case that make everything easily accessable. His old simple iphone 4s case was perfect for 2 years. But the power button being moved and the thinner style on the 6 does not work well with all the cases on amazon.

6. azhava macrumors regular

I've got fairly big fingers (wear XL/XXL gloves) and don't have any problem accessing it.

7. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

Why does your dad need to access the power button when the phone is in the holster?

8. adammusic thread starter macrumors 6502

adammusic

He puts in in his front pocket at work. He'll use the holster with the phone facing out. Hell check the time or messages or whatever and to put the phone to black, he hits the power button.

9. azhava macrumors regular

Then the Unicorn Beetle probably isn't a great choice. The phone does fit in the holster with the face outward, but it's not intended to go in that way and it isn't a real secure fit. The beveling is different on the front/back edges of the phone and it's designed to go into the holster with the face inward.

10. adammusic thread starter macrumors 6502

adammusic

Thank you for letting me know. Def wont but it then. Ill keep looking

11. Mike1212 macrumors newbie

The KAYSCASE armorholster case I use does not cover either the power button or the volume buttons.

12. adammusic thread starter macrumors 6502

adammusic

Got a knockoff version of that on amazon. It can only be used in the holster face down. I need a case / clip where he can put it in the holste face up and you can easily access all the buttons. Looks like they dont make one anywhere. Case market stinks for iphone 6.