iPhone 6 cellular feedback noise in handset speaker

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kaiguy, Nov 6, 2014.

1. kaiguy macrumors member

So I recently had my launch iPhone 6 replaced by AppleCare due to a shifting front FaceTime camera. But now I feel like I have a different, annoying issue.

The other day I am on a call and I notice the (what's best described as) clicking noises that used to be common with older cellphones around large speakers. Feedback? Whatever you want to call it. I remember it was awful and very common with Nextel phones, but in my case not the high pitched stuff. Just the fast clicking (like 3 or 4 clicks per second, constantly).

Anyway, this is only happening with the internal earpiece speaker, not the speakerphone. It's annoying, but I think it will be one of those tough items to get Apple to acknowledge (even if it's due to Apple stores being a noisy environment).

I don't recall this happening on any of my previous iPhones, so I was hoping to get a sanity check on here before I go in yet again to an Apple Store. Anyone else experience this? Or not?

Thanks!

2. akwal07 macrumors newbie

just bought a 6 it makes the noise constantly screen on or off if you put your ear to it you will hear clicking...

bump wondering if this is normal

3. akwal07 macrumors newbie

Can people with the phone please check to see if they have this issue?

Just in a quiet environment put your ear to the phone (it's louder on a call) listen for ticking that a watch makes. I'm trying to decide what to do with this phone

4. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

I do not have any feedback noise on my phone. I would get it exchanged if it were mine.