Iphone 6 Charge

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by grissomrt, Oct 8, 2016.

1. grissomrt macrumors newbie

Has anyone had any issues with keeping the iPhone 6 charged? It seems like it is draining pretty fast since I installed IOS 10. I know this sometimes can be normal, but is there any setting I can change to help with this?

Thanks

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

See if anything might be responsible for it by checking the battery section of settings.

3. Smoothie macrumors 6502

When I installed iOS 10 on my iPhone 6, the battery life was awful. I noticed that Siri was using most of my battery while the phone was sitting idle over night, and I never use Siri. You might have some other process or app draining your battery. After a couple of days, the battery life improved but then got bad again. Siri was the culprit again. After a week, I reverted back to iOS 9.3.5 and all was well. Not everyone has had a bad experience with iOS 10 on the iPhone 6, but it could be dependent on which apps and settings are on a particular phone. I eventually traded in the 6 for a 7, and the battery life on the 7 has been very good with iOS 10.

4. asv56kx3088 macrumors 6502

I have a similar battery life issue since updating to iOS 10. Yet the phone seemed to stabilise itself at the 2nd day of use, now the battery life is somewhat similar to iOS 9.

5. grissomrt thread starter macrumors newbie

The big drainers on battery was 28% and 27% on home and lock screen and Facebook. I was wondering could location services be doing this. I am going to check into the Siri settings. Let me know of any more feedback and I will do the same.

6. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Start with Facebook, most probably that's the reason.....delete it and check how it goes without it for couple of days.

7. grissomrt thread starter macrumors newbie