Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
I've noticed that my 6 charging icon is stuck in the "lightning" mode and never switches over to the "plug" icon which obviously means it's fully charged.

Even after eight hours of charging.

Anyone else experiencing this?

bronzini

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2009
I've noticed that my 6 charging icon is stuck in the "lightning" mode and never switches over to the "plug" icon which obviously means it's fully charged.

Even after eight hours of charging.

Anyone else experiencing this?

When I first used the new charger with the new 6, saw the same thing. Did you jiggle the thing at the contact point? Perhaps not fllush?

Last edited:

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
My charging block had some issue. I ended up returning it and they gave me a 12 watt instead which was awesome.

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Actually, I'm not even using the charging block that was included with my ip6, but should that cause an issue? I'll try the new one.

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004

Uh, you do realize that this is the way it works now, and has been since iOS 7 came out?

Right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.