iPhone 6 Contrast, Grayscale, Gamma & Color Measures

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Quad5Ny, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

I'm not going to explain what each thing is, if you know you know if not well... :rolleyes:

Anyway the dE is based off of a 2.2 gamma curve and D75 White Point... I'm too lazy to do full saturation/color checker measures. Besides Anandtech and DisplayMate will surely have much more detailed measures up in a week or so.

To summarize what your seeing; 7500K Color Temperature, 2.2 Gamma, Almost Full sRGB Gamut and 1600:1 Contrast Ratio (with a extremely bright 583 cd/m2 of light).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Click▼
    [​IMG]

2. MDMac macrumors regular

MDMac

iPhone 6 Contrast, Grayscale, Gamma & Color Measures

Not really impressed with the vibrancy/saturation of my 6+. Was hoping for an iPad Air-like quality/profile. Still a very nice display, I just wish it had more "pop".

3. Quad5Ny thread starter macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

I felt the same way as you and that's why I did the measures.

The problem is its pushing way too much blue. 6500K is the standard but over the past few years Apple has been drifting farther from that. It was 7000K last year and now were at 7500K... :confused:

Also the gamma could be a bit higher. 2.22 may be the standard but 2.4-2.5 looks deep and rich if your backlight is bright enough (and contrast ratio is also high enough), otherwise it just becomes a bunch of crushed blacks.