iPhone 6 cutting out on Bluetooth music streaming?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JuryDuty, Jun 30, 2015.

1. JuryDuty macrumors 6502

JuryDuty

I just got a new iPhone 6 and it seems to work great, but I've noticed that when I stream music by bluetooth, every once in a while (like maybe 1-2 times/song) it cuts out for a split-second, which is more irritating than it sounds. :)

I've tried shutting off any other connected devices (Apple Watch, etc) and closing all other programs, but am still getting this behavior. I've tried it with three different bluetooth speakers and it does it with all of them. I can stream from my iPad to all three without an issue.

I've also tried using different apps (Spotify vs iTunes) and streamed music vs music on the phone, and it still cuts out.

Anything I could be missing before I take it into an Apple store?

2. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

3. c55 macrumors regular

c55

do you go into Bluetooth settings and forget each device then reconnect? That's all I can think of to do. Probably a hardware issue if it's just your phone doing this.

4. JuryDuty thread starter macrumors 6502

JuryDuty

I'll try that, but if not, sigh...guess I'll just trade it for a new one at Apple Store.

5. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

this isn't normal behavior on all levels, you got a defected product. Seems like a hardware problem, nothing you can do except either live with it or trade it in.

6. tjv82c macrumors newbie

Don't suppose you own a Tile? I started having problems with Bluetooth streaming after pairing a Tile. I deleted the Tile and repaired and I haven't had a problem since!

This is with an iPhone 6, can't remember what iOS version I had back then, sorry.

7. JuryDuty thread starter macrumors 6502

JuryDuty

Nope--and it was doing it with multiple devices.

Took it to an Apple store and they completely wiped it and reset it...and the problem persisted.

Went back to the Apple store and exchanged it and voila! The problem went away. Was definitely a hardware issue with that phone. Glad to know I wasn't crazy. :p