iPhone 6 damage out of box

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kev4lakers, Sep 24, 2014.

1. kev4lakers macrumors newbie

Hi MacRumors,
    I have always read people thread and I have to say that this is a great place to get help. Today I got my iPhone 6 plus from the preorder which i got from ups. When I opened the box the phones screen is scractched and the back has some dings and scuffs on it. I plan to return the iphone since it has not been over 14 days yet and when i checked the apple site to do the refund.. they have a refund replacement on the order status. My question is, is that a brand new iphone 6 plus where I return it and they give me a brand new one sealed or is it a refurbished one. lastly is there restock fee to it . Thank you for your help

2. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

They will give you brand new one sealed if they have it in stock, not refurbished as long as it is within the 14 days. No restock fee.

3. realeric macrumors 65816

realeric

Can you prove you didn't drop the phone today? I believe you but some people may ask you.

4. Jspiegs macrumors member

Jspiegs

Depends on who he talks to. Apple store peeps are usually really cool. Depending on his carrier the people may be jerks.

5. DavidDunshea macrumors newbie

Damaged out of the box

I received my phone put a screen protector on and put it into a case immediately.
    A couple of days later i took it out of the case for a clean and noticed the black ring abound the camera has been scratched back to silver. I used my iPad to get a close up to make are the camera lens wasn't scratched, thank god it wasn't but the ring is quite worn. Its probably to late for me but if you receive one check that immediately.
    I did notice a slight bend in it as well but minute. it flexers slightly when face down.

A lesson i learned out of this is if the next one has a protuding camera i won't buy one.

Love the phone tho.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I tend to check my new phone when it comes out of the box and not several days later. :rolleyes:

7. DavidDunshea macrumors newbie

Damage out of the box

Thanks for stating the obvious but i did check it in day light and the ring changing from black to silver looks like a shine.

Anyway for a $1000.00 i should need too.

Like i said i have a phone with a protruding camera so i won't buy another.
    Bad Apple Bad Bad Apple.