iPhone 6 damaged home button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gab0.1992, Jul 4, 2016.

1. gab0.1992 macrumors member

Yesterday the home button of my iPhone 6 stop working. Tried to do all online hacks and won't work. Even restore and nope. Even opened the iPhone and all looks good. All options about apple authorized locations are discarded because the iPhone was already fixed the screen.

Anyways, is anything available which I can change the home button and don't loose the touch id functionality or get the error 53?

2. Phonefanman Suspended

Sounds like the problem is up in there deep like.

3. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

I'm a little confused by the wording of your question. The home button is a separate repair from the screen as you probably know since you are skilled enough to open the phone, so I see no reason why Apple authorized locations would be out of consideration. This sounds like a defective home button switch, which would require that part to be replaced. I would definitely only consider Apple for repairs to this part as touch ID is a very delicate component and I had a bad repair cripple that functionality on an old iPhone. Also, make sure to update your phone to avoid this nasty bug if something goes wrong.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/02/18/a...-ios-to-restore-iphones-disabled-by-error-53/

Good luck OP!

4. gab0.1992 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys. Well iphonedude, in the iPhones with touch id if you replace the home button automatically the phone stuck in the error when you restore it and also the touch id is disabled. Thats why the only option to someone need to replace the screen you need to basically remove the entire back panel of the lcd including the touch id/home button and install it in the new screen.

Right now I opened to inspect the button and everything looks right but unfortunately after re install it the touch id stop working too.

I opted to buy a used one and try to sell this one on eBay to someone don't care to use the touch id or use it for repair.

5. itsray macrumors 6502

at apple stores when they do a screen replacement the touch id home button is apart of the assembly.

6. Phonefanman Suspended

Why the iPhone still
    has a physical home button anyway is sort of a mystery to me....