Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mademan118

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Well just witness my iPhone 6+ turn off at 5% battery and not run down to 1% like usual. This is the very first time using the device and doing the initial run down. Turned on pretty much instantly plugging into iPad charger (which is the normal charger I use for all iPhones).

Anyone else have this happen?

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
Nope, died after 1%. Unless you may have been running a ton of stuff with GPS on?

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Well just witness my iPhone 6+ turn off at 5% battery and not run down to 1% like usual. This is the very first time using the device and doing the initial run down. Turned on pretty much instantly plugging into iPad charger (which is the normal charger I use for all iPhones).

That's not unusual for first time. If it keeps happening, get it replaced.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
That's not unusual for first time. If it keeps happening, get it replaced.

Note my post was referring to my first time, it went down to 1% then turned off. I don't think what your experiencing is normal, though if it doesn't happen again, then it might be okay.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007

Charge it up fully again and then use it normally, not necessarily running it down. Then in a couple days, try it again.

Most batteries take a few cycles to normalize.

If it continues, take it back. Right now, even the warranty exchange units are new (returns haven't had time to go through the refurb process). But more likely than not, the battery will settle down after a few cycles.

mademan118

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Just did it again. Died at 4%. Plugged in, turned on Instantly. Had screen on full-brightness, music playing, several apps open, and was right in the process of making a post on MR. When phone turned back on, everything resumed, and the reply to thread page was open with my response deleted.

Not sure what to expect, but after this 100% charge I will do the full test.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
You may need to take it back and get it replaced. Here is what can do. Take it down to at least 10%, set up an appointment and show them the issue that it turns off at 4-5% mark. They will look it to it and see if you have a defective battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.