iPhone 6 Dead Pixel

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PeterZhao478, Sep 30, 2014.

1. PeterZhao478 macrumors newbie

I was just wondering if I bring my phone in and get my phone replaced, will I get a refurbished one? Because when I replaced my old iPhone 4 (due to microphone issues) I was given a refurbished iPhone 4 and the lock button stopped functioning after 5 months. I was pretty disappointed because I paid 250$ to have the lock button break in 5 months. I just want to make sure because if its a refurbished phone I would rather keep my original phone. Also should I bring my original packaging to the apple store just in case they ask for it?

Attached Files:

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If you are within your return period, you can certainly do the return/exchange route instead of having to go through the Genius bar for replacement. That's what I would do. Plus if you later decide to return the device, some may not accept the replacement unit as returns since the serial number doesn't match with the original box.

If they don't have the one you have in stock, then you may as well have to get it replaced through the Genius Bar. But as of now it's way too early for the refurbish to be out, Apple does keep a few brand new ones (device only) separate for replacement purposes. With this route you don't need to bring your packaging, just your phone.