iPhone 6 dead pixels

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by okrelax, Oct 8, 2014.

1. okrelax macrumors member

Hey guys, so I cranked my brightness up all the way as I was charging my phone and noticed a dead pixel on the middle of my screen. I feel that it's too early for something like this to be happening, I purchased the phone on the 29th, so it's within the fourteen days of use. Would apple give me any issues with an exchange for a new model? Emphasis on the "new" part, I've noticed in the past they bring out the refurbished models for people who have noticeable issues that are the manufacturer's fault and people get the short end of the stick with refurbished replacements.

2. Diogene macrumors newbie

I don't know if it's gonna help, but I had the same issue and Apple give me a brand new one, since it seem too early to have refurbished unit, at least it's what the Apple guy told me.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If you are within 14 days return window, I would just return the device and get a refund and purchase another one.

If the apple store in your area has no stock and you really need a phone then you can just go through the replacement.

At this point it's too early to tell whether the replacement units will be a refurbish or not. It's a possibility that Apple may start getting those in stock as it's been over a month and there has been a lot of returns. However, you would have to hope for the best to get something Week 37 or earlier (since that's a week before the launch date).

Last Monday when I went to the Genius for a dead pixel, they replaced me a unit that was new. I checked the serial and it gave me a week 37 (Week of Sept. 8th).