iPhone 6 defect, aluminum CRACKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian-frs

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2007
Jax
I can't really see them not replacing that. Unless there is some drop damage somewhere else in the phone. But if your phone hasn't been dropped that's a manufacture defect.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Welcome to the lovely world of Apple QC. I can't tell you how many iphone 4S's, 5's, and 5S's I have had due to quality control issues.

Buy the fanboy on here will say your negligence caused it because Apple is perfect.

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
Thats dirt or a scratch. Not a crack.
Probably a bit of sand in your case?

sr20det

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2012
Milwaukee
I can't really see them not replacing that. Unless there is some drop damage somewhere else in the phone. But if your phone hasn't been dropped that's a manufacture defect.
Yeah, It has never been dropped. I just think it is interesting that it is so close to the screw. It is a very small hairline crack that is difficult to see with the eye. I photographed it with a 100mm Macro lens and the pic is a 100% crop.

Actually I am kind of a fanboy, lol. I debated if I should even post this, or keep quiet and go right to the Apple store. I know QC sometimes has issues, especially in the beginning of a production run. I actually had a bizarre screen issue on a "launch day" Late 2012 27" iMac too.

veedubshafer

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
I just think it is interesting that it is so close to the screw.
I would be more surprised if it wasn't next to a screw. What I'm surprised about is that it's cracked and not bent. They keep saying how soft the aluminum is. I would expect that soft aluminum wouldn't crack without being bent.

xraydoc

macrumors demi-god
Oct 9, 2005
While obviously I can only see the picture the OP posted, I'm thinking it's a (deep) scratch rather than a crack.

sr20det

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2012
Milwaukee
upon further review, it does appear to be a very deep scratch. I can feel it with my fingernail, but slightly flexing the area, it doesn't appear to "open up" or change.

I reported the thread to be deleted. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.