iPhone 6 defect

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphoneuser5188, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Iphoneuser5188 macrumors newbie

i bought a silver iPhone 6 today at sprint for my girlfriend. everything great but i noticed that the ringer button on the side gets stuck, now I'm just wondering if i take it to apple if i could exchange it? i work all weekend and can't go to a apple store till monday, and i made an appointment, but i don't wanna show up and then they tell me they can't replace it. So anyone experience something similar?

2. r-m macrumors 6502a

What's your concern exactly?
    That they won't think its an issue worthy of a replacement? Or that you don't think they'll have stock to replace it with?

May be worth you chatting with apple online to get their take on it, and whether it's replaceable. If it is, you could ask them about the swap- don't want to travel for an exchange if they're gonna tell you at the store that they have no replacement stock.

3. Iphoneuser5188 thread starter macrumors newbie

That they might not have stock for a replacement, i could return it through the sprint store that i bought it from but, i don't know how they do exchanges.

4. r-m macrumors 6502a

The Apple store would be your best bet for a replacement.
    There was an article or forum post (I can't remember which) about the stores keeping back x% for replacement so people don't have to go without for any replacements that are needed.

Still would be best speaking with Apple support on their chat before your genius appointment, and asking them about replacement stock. If they say it's something they'll replace, maybe they'll let you know if your store will have the stock.