iPhone 6 Died

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by soziblewuup, Jun 27, 2015.

1. soziblewuup, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015

soziblewuup macrumors newbie

Hi,

My iPhone 6 ran out of battery this morning. I put it on charge, and it came up with the battery charging symbol that appears on the black screen. Instead of disappearing (usually after 3 seconds) the charging symbol was stuck on the screen for around 30 minutes. I thought nothing of it and assumed the phone would turn back on when the battery had enough power. Instead, the symbol disappeared and the screen went black. The phone now appears to be completely dead.

I have tried:

1). Reset using the home and power button.
    2). Reset with the iPhone connected to a wall charger
    3). Reset with the iPhone connected to a Mac
    4). Trying to access the phone through iTunes (hoping it was just the screen that was dead). The Mac couldn't see the iPhone.

For some unknown reason the connect to a charger symbol appeared randomly after the 50th(ish) time of pressing the power button, and the phone appeared to be working again albeit still in an uncharged state.
    I connected it to a different charger and waited for 10 minutes. The phone is now completely inactive again. No combination of buttons will bring anything up on the screen.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't find many cases of peoples phones just dying.

Update: After an hour the out of battery symbol came up again after pressing the power button randomly over a period of 30 mins. Straight after the symbol disappeared and the phone has returned to its irresponsive state.

2. soziblewuup thread starter macrumors newbie

It looks like there may be an issue with the charging port on the phone. Why would it only show the charging battery symbol every now and again and then die?