iPhone 6 Digitiser Connector Damage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFan22, Jan 7, 2017.

1. AppleFan22 macrumors regular

I opened my iPhone 6 the other day in order to try and fix the front facing mic, but to no avail. When putting the device back together, I got the white lines of death appearing on the screen, which was solved by reconnecting the cables a few times. With the white lines came a lack of touch recognition on the display. Despite getting the screen to look normal, it is completely unresponsive to touch. Upon further inspection, it turns out I have caused the tiniest amount of damage to the digitiser cable's socket on the logic board. It appears that a single connector is dented, and this is preventing me from using the phone. Is there any way at all to get this fixed, or is the only solution buying a new phone?

2. SSAJ macrumors 6502

You have learned your lesson never try to fix the phone by yourself always give it to an expert

3. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

A component as small as the one you damaged, isn't worth even trying to repair, even it could be, it's likely worth more than the iPhone cost related. Looks like you will be purchasing a new iPhone.

4. AppleFan22 thread starter macrumors regular

Think I got a bit cocky after replacing the screen on my iPhone 5 and disassembling and reassembling my iPhone 4... although I had taken it to Apple, and they wouldn't fix it because I'm out of warranty (despite it being the fourth iPhone 6 replacement they've given me...)
    --- Post Merged, Jan 7, 2017 ---
    Oh yay. Guess I'd be start saving then

5. DarkSel macrumors 6502

Disconnect the battery and use a toothpick to unbend the pin.