iPhone 6 dilemma

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ravinder08, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ravinder08 macrumors regular

Upgrading my 3 year old iPhone 4s which has served me well.
    Thinking of getting iPhone 6 with 64gb for £619
    or would it be better to go for iPhone 6 PLUS 16gb which is also £619
    can't decide which would be the best way to go???

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Why ask strangers? Are you price sensitive? Do you need 64GB of storage or can you get by with 16GB? Do you want the 5.5 inch screen, or is the 4.7 inch big enough?

Only you can answer those questions, which are the only deciding factors.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its really a personal decision, do you want a larger phone?

4. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

I have had a 64GB iPhone 5 for 2 years, and my family have has 4S's with 16GB for 3 years. They are always struggling with space, whereas I have 3000+ songs, twice as many apps (and larger ones too like 2 different GPS Apps), more video, podcasts and photo's and I have never had to worry about space at all.

I would never consider a 16GB phone myself

5. ravinder08 thread starter macrumors regular

I was set on getting the smaller screen but after reading reviews the 6 plus seems to have a better camera and resolution.
    I think I'm gonna go with the smaller screen and extra storage. It will definitely be a jump up from the 4s.

----------

Thanks David that's help me make my mind up as I struggle with the storage issues myself.

Many thanks

6. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

My pleasure. Eithor way you will end up with a great phone, but given the choice I would do as you did and opt for the iPhone 6 with more storage.

Hey I'm mad and am going the 6+ 128GB, but with reason - the new car arriving next week has bluetooth audio (as well as full control from the inbuilt stereo), so the iPhone will now become my primary media source in the car rather than MP3 CD's as we do now. 3000 songs? More like 10,000 :D

Edit: oh and since Australia is slightly larger than the UK, it's not unusual for us to go on a 300 mile "Day trip". The Son and I drove 2500km last month (in 3 days) to see a few friends and go to a car show, hence the reason I like more music in the car lol

7. ravinder08 thread starter macrumors regular

Haha, nice go for it David, I would probably do the same if I had the money! I'm buying another iPhone 6 too for my son's birthday present so have to spend wisely, I'll definitely get him the 64gb model too :)

Thanks for you help:)