iPhone 6+ : Do you use it mostly in portrait or landscape orientation?

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2011
As for me, I find using it easier portrait and pretty much use it 90% of the time. I actually find the email app in landscape mode cluttered for some reason. Am I missing something here?

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Portrait 95% of the time. I hate the way the keyboard takes up the majority of the screen in landscape (same for all phones and tablets).

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
As for me, I find using it easier portrait and pretty much use it 90% of the time. I actually find the email app in landscape mode cluttered for some reason. Am I missing something here?
Even my iPad i use in portrait unless watching a video.

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
Landscape all the way. I love the landscape mode so much on the plus I find myself dying to do the same on the 6, then realise it's not there #. I use my phone to death in work and out, and landscaping with 2 hands is much more comfortable for long usage sessions. Although I'll say this; using the keyboard in portrait on the plus is an epic experience. No more hitting the wrong keys on the edge of the screen because of big thumbs!

petvas

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2006
Mannheim, Germany
I would love to use landscape more, but many websites offer a mobile version that doesn't work well in landscape mode. There are also many apps that only work in portrait mode, so I guess most of the time I use my iPhone in portrait mode and when watching videos and pictures in landscape. Also in Safari, for websites that work better in landscape, I use it.

Jzo

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
To be honest, I feel that landscape mode on iPhone 6 Plus turned out to be somewhat of a joke.

Only 3/4 of the stock apps even work in landscape.

The keyboard in landscape is weak.

The music player still has that worthless cover flow crap.

Hell, even the lockscreen won't go landscape.

The homescreen looks cool in landscape, but that's about it.

Shikaka

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Both. When In landscape I find myself wishing there was a way the caseless phone could balance on its edge by itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.