iPhone 6+ Dock

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Not a fan at all at how elevated it is
I agree, I have no idea why it seems we're like the only two people who think it's way too high up in the air.

Personally I'm using this which works with all iPhone sizes: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KiDiGi-BLAC...S_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&hash=item461f4797b9

I modified mine so I could plug headphones in. I modified it in a way so that I could dock the phone without having to unplug them too in case I'm in the middle of a call. :)

Comment

codyst

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
Austin, TX
I agree, I have no idea why it seems we're like the only two people who think it's way too high up in the air.

Personally I'm using this which works with all iPhone sizes: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KiDiGi-BLAC...S_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&hash=item461f4797b9

I modified mine so I could plug headphones in. I modified it in a way so that I could dock the phone without having to unplug them too in case I'm in the middle of a call. :)
Any pictures of your modified dock?

Comment

BigCLC

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
does this work with a case?

It does with certain cases. My wifes iphone 6 works just fine with the belkin dock in a case with the bottom portion open (like the apple cases) hers a brand called modal found at bestbuy. I also have this dock and it does not work with my cheapu insignia case as it does not feature the open portion on the bottom.

Comment

Dmunjal

macrumors 65832
Jun 20, 2010
Comment

furbzv1

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2014
Used the Belkin charge and sync for my iPhone 5 and bought another for the 6 Plus.

i bought the same one but i keep getting an erros saying " this accessory may not be supported" and it seems like it syncs but its not really charging.. or charging very slow

Comment

webbuzz

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2010
i bought the same one but i keep getting an erros saying " this accessory may not be supported" and it seems like it syncs but its not really charging.. or charging very slow
Try to contact Belkin. Both of mine work fine using an Apple supplied lightning cable.

Comment

furbzv1

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2014
the one that i have already brings a cable, its attached to the dock

Comment

burnside

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
I have a Dock+ that I bought when it was on Kickstarter. Got it for $50 back then, now it's $90. :(

http://www.dockplus.com/

What is nice about it is that there are 4 different heights that the lightening adapter can adjust to, so it fits will with almost any case. I can also use the dock to charge my iPad which is an added bonus.

The base is heavy as well, so you don't have to hold the base to remove the phone. Even with my 6+, I remove the phone all with one hand and not a wobble from the dock.

If you don't mind spending $90 on a dock, this is a very good one. They do have specials once in a while, so you can wait out for that.

Comment

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
My TwelveSouth Hi-Rise that I used with my 5s and 5c work fine with the 6 Plus.
I've had mine for a couple weeks now and love it. Quality materials and works great with any case. Just wanted to check in and say I've been happy with it. :)

Just an FYI for anyone that's looking to order - it uses YOUR lightning cable, it does not come with one. Most docks are probably that way, IDK.

Comment

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
I've had mine for a couple weeks now and love it. Quality materials and works great with any case. Just wanted to check in and say I've been happy with it. :)

Just an FYI for anyone that's looking to order - it uses YOUR lightning cable, it does not come with one. Most docks are probably that way, IDK.
Yep, that's a turn off for me.

For $35, go ahead and throw in a cable.
Especially when it probably costs them like 5 cents.

Comment

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
Belkin works great with Apple cases

I have the Belkin dock from my iPhone 5S and the 6 Plus works beautifully in it in the Apple silicone case (or the leather). Cases with the more enclosed bottoms might not work, but then they didn't on the 5S either.

Comment