IPHONE 6 DROPS OFF WITH 75% BATTERY

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fletay, Apr 25, 2017.

1. fletay macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 6, and the phone drops down with a 75% of charge,What can be do.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

It's probably the same thing that happened to me and others with the same model...your battery is worn out.

You can get someone to replace the battery or try to do it yourself.

3. avanpelt macrumors 68030

The same issue started with my iPhone 6 back in January. It would go from having nearly a full charge to dying. Once the phone was plugged back in to power, it would boot up and show 90+% battery. It didn't happen everyday, but it got to the point where it was happening once or twice a week and if I didn't have a power source to plug the phone into, I was hosed.

As the other poster said, it's likely happening because the battery is worn out. You can get the battery replaced by Apple for around $80 USD, I believe. In my case, I decided to trade the iPhone 6 in and I bought an iPhone 7.

4. fletay thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, for your post

5. MikeFromTexas macrumors member

There is a possible fix, recalibration. Have you tried that? If not try the following.

When the phone goes off, plug it in and then get it started again. Then unplug and try to run it down to zero. If it quits again try again. The goal is to get your battery to run down to zero/near zero. If you can get there, then recharge and let it stay plugged in for a few more hours after it reaches 100%. Don't use it while you are recharging after you get down to zero.

If this procedure doesn't work, I agree with the other posters, probable battery failure and a trip to Apple.

6. biscuit0819 macrumors member

biscuit0819

It's almost certainly on the way out. What's the iPhone 6 like 3 years old? You can try the recalibration thing but odds are it's time for a replacement.

7. Matthew.H macrumors 6502

Matthew.H

You can download Coconut Battery on a Mac/PC and check the exact health of your iPhone's battery by plugging the phone into the computer. Coconut will show the health percentage of the battery and the number of charge cycles.

8. mike.coulter, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017

mike.coulter macrumors regular

mike.coulter

That's annoying, I guess you could try calibrating it to see if it improves, if not I guess it may be worth a trip to the Apple Shop.

Just checked my iPhone's battery using Coconut Battery and it's showing 82% health after 441 cycles. I guess that isn't too bad after that many cycles, and it's still behaving normally.

Does anyone know if there is any way you can increase the health?

9. jackwills macrumors regular

jackwills

its normal for an iPhone 6 considering its a few years old now, happened to every iPhone I owned after around 2 years of usage (4, 5, 6) then I would just trade in for a new phone. it kinda sucks though if it wasnt for the worn out battery i might still be using my iPhone 6 now

10. mike.coulter macrumors regular

mike.coulter

Could be worth getting the batteries replaced by Apple to double your usage, but I guess it is also nice to upgrade fairly often.

I'm sticking with the 6S for as long as I can, as I like the sim only plan I've found.

11. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

The battery on my 6 is crap. I use a 7plus now but my kid uses the old 6 and it dies quick. Has same issue 6s had (wife has one of those) Crappy apple won't cover the 6 also.

12. silentblades macrumors newbie

Same issue with my 6. Was told it's my battery going bad.

13. LaloG macrumors member

Same thing happening to my 6. I'm trying to hold on for the next iPhone but it seems like a long way out when you have to constantly charge your phone. Might be forced to upgrade now :(

14. LaloG macrumors member

Well, my phone crapped out last night. Bought a new 7 plus. Loving it so far.

15. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

my iPhone 5 would jump around a lot when the percentage would get under 35% and most of the time die when it showed around 20%. my iPhone 6 is doing the same thing and i've had it since launch. i'm tempted to go the ifixit route and do it myself OR just let apple replace it.

at this point - re-calibrating does nothing now. when i first get new iPhones i go through a few cycles.