iPhone 6 dust under screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joepark89, May 13, 2015.

1. joepark89 macrumors newbie

After 8 months of usage, I've found a piece of lint or something under the screen. Has anyone run into this? Anyone know if Apple will replace or not?

2. whatos macrumors 6502a

I've had lots of faults and bugs appear in my iPhone 6. The good news is dust under the screen hasn't been one of them.

Yet I have seen it before in a few iPhones at work. I'm guessing the only reason Apple exchanged them for new ones is based on the very noticeable , large, dust particles.

3. James035 macrumors member

If I couldn't see the lint or dust with the screen on then I probably wouldn't bother with it. However, if you are seeing it all the time while viewing things with the screen on, I would say to exchange it at an Apple store even if they do give you a refurbished model.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

It depends on the size of the dust and the "luck or the draw" with the Geek that handles it. They might say no or without a question hand you a refurb.

5. eortizr macrumors member

is defect, they will replace your screen or give you a new phone, I have done it before, never had issues with getting a replacement.