iPhone 6 Ear-buds issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MichaelWR90, Sep 16, 2014.

1. MichaelWR90 macrumors member

I mean c'mon, with the recent news of Apple acquiring Beats, you would think they would at least change these crappy 4 year old ear-buds into something better. The current version of ear-buds hurt my ears (as they do other people, too).

Also... STILL NO COLOR OPTION FOR THEM???

I'm sick of having an all black phone, with white cables supplied by Apple.

:mad:

2. THE BG 86 macrumors regular

I agree. Would have been nice to see them do something a little different.

3. yep-sure macrumors 6502

yep-sure

I like the EarPods and don't think they need to be changed at all.

I bought an iPod Shuffle on the weekend and couldn't believe they came with the old earphones (no controls, round design, horrible sound quality). Now THEY sucked.

4. akhilleus macrumors member

If you really care about your earbuds or headphones, this shouldn't be an issue for you because you'd own the pair you like. I'm fine with Apple's headphones. They're not great but they come free with the devices and they're a good beater set of earbuds.

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Perhaps they will next year. The acquisition isn't that old and they didn't have loads of time to prepare such a move for 80 million iPhones.

:apple:

6. Anthony.L macrumors member

So you want Apple to include more expensive Beats ear buds so everyone can pay a premium? If you think they would just be included for the same cost as the plain white ones you are horribly mistaken, they would have the increase the price of every phone.

Personally I prefer no ear buds at all (and the cost involved), and let the user choose their own after the purchase. I like options, not ones that are selected for me.

Ditto on the white cables though, would it be so hard to make black ones for the black models?!

7. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Buy your own quality headphones instead of demanding everyone else indirectly buy them for you. Problem solved.

8. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502

I do like the Earpods but would def like it more to match my black iPhone and future space grey 6+.

9. baummer macrumors 6502a

The current earbuds are fantastic for normal use. They have good deep bass and don't sound tinny at all. Why replace them? They want you to buy Beats.

10. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

The old Earbuds were awful. The EarPods are really very good for the price and many people think so. They aren't 300 dollar quality, but they are damn fine for 40 dollars.

If you want to improve them, try a product called EarSkinz. It's a silicone "sock" that fits around the EarPod, greatly increasing Bass and also helps to keep them stuck in your ear. 10 bucks on Amazon-worth every penny.

11. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I love the EarSkinz.

12. Sgh808 macrumors member

Sgh808

Generally dislike the Beats brand. Love the EarPods which have lasted me since the iPhone 5 launch and survived a trip in the washing machine.

13. BSoares macrumors regular

Yeah, I don't like their most recent earphones either. The old model didn't hurt my ear, the new one does. But looks like we're stuck with it for at least 1 more year.

14. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Plenty of good sounding cheap earbuds on Amazon. Read reviews and ask for opinions. My truly last concern with the new Iphone.

15. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Aren't Beats earbuds like $99? Did you actually think they would include such pricey headphones?

16. MichaelWR90 thread starter macrumors member

"you would think they would at least change these crappy 4 year old ear-buds into something better."

No where did I mention WHICH headphones, I simply said design something new other than these crappy hard pieces of plastic they've had since 2010.

17. davekarn macrumors 6502

A part of me was hoping they would celebrate the acquisition of Beats with accompanying them with our new iPhones. Far fetched? Sure. Was still hoping nonetheless.

18. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

That's retail. Probably no more than $10 to make.

19. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

$4

20. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I like the stock EarPods fine too. The previous generation that came with iPods, now those hurt my ears terribly.

These new ones do not hurt my ears at all, and they sound better.

However, I will be first to admit I realize that what is comfortable or me may not be comfortable for all.

21. stevo8 macrumors 6502

Ill take the earpods over the beats earbuds at additional costs. As a matter of fact I would rather have the earbuds all together.

22. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

23. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

They're not crappy. The majority are perfectly fine with them.

Doesn't matter. Probably costs $10 to make Nike Jordan shoes. They still sell them ~$149-$199 each. Cost to produce something has nothing to do with it.

24. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Didn't they switch to the EarPods in 2012?

25. tshank macrumors member

The current version "Ear Pods" arent 4 years old. They are 2 years old. And they are a huge improvement over the original.

Earskins for the win!