Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
May I ask why you picked the black and not the white version since you have a white iPhone?

I have the Moshi iVisor glass protection combined with the Desmay Slight 6 case (Worlds thinnest 0.35mm). Really happy with the case but not with the Moshi protector. It feels like plastic and it has a grid pattern on the screen. It cost me $40.

I have now ordered the imos Solid EX Corning for iPhone 6
Color:Black + 3 colours of touch rings.

Hopefully this one will make me very happy:cool:

i've always wanted a black screen on the gold iphone itself.

smuller

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2015
i've always wanted a black screen on the gold iphone itself.

Fair enough, it does look nice:cool:

So my Moshi protector only sticks on the side and black parts on the screen which affects the responsiveness from the glass part. I assume the IMOS sticks completely on the screen?

Would you say the IMOS Solid EX 3D Curved Corning is the best glass protector available?

Last edited:

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
Fair enough, it does look nice:cool:

So my Moshi protector only sticks on the side and black parts on the screen which affects the responsiveness from the glass part. I assume the IMOS sticks completely on the screen?

Would you say the IMOS Solid EX 3D Curved Corning is the best glass protector available?

the screen, top and bottom has adhesive.
the screen itself is fully beveled to cover the curve, so no worries of dust trapping on the side, i've used the screen protector for 2 weeks now no dust trapped. :cool:

i only use imos brand ever since i got to know it. hands down its the best imo.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
It is a shame that Imos is not available for the 6 Plus. Only site that supposedly ships to the States (connect2u) has been out of stock for some time.

smuller

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2015
It is a shame that Imos is not available for the 6 Plus. Only site that supposedly ships to the States (connect2u) has been out of stock for some time.

It was in stock a couple of days ago, they have ordered a new shipment and are expecting new stock by the end of next week.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
Curios why Imos cannot keep up, unless they are selling tons in Asia. If the glass is truly curved, processing must be difficult.

Who her has one except rjbeh?

RodDavies

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2014
I went the Aegis

I can thouroughly recommend this for iPhone 6+ users. IT is full edge to edge, and super easy to install properly as it comes with its own installation 'device'....a plastic box that clips onto the phone, you peel back a plastic tab, rub your finger down once and pull off the plastic box and the glass is on, perfectly aligned, no bubbles.

I love it, though I only (ONLY!) use a TwelveSouth SurfacePad as my phone's cover. This sticks onto the back of the phone, so there are no edges to it that clip/grab onto the phones edges at all, so no interference with the Aegis Glass.

Rgds
Rod

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 277
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 287
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 259

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
Aegis, Tech Armor and other like them are edge to edge, but you can FEEL the edge. When swiping in from the sided or bottom, unless you have a case to cover that edge, you can feel it as a rough edge.

Imos looks to have a curve that does not produce this effect. Look at rjbeh's pics.

I wanted to get one, but Connect2U keeps selling out in minutes, so I actually posted on Imos's FB page and they quickly responded that they did not have a US reseller and asked if I knew of anyone. Funny

I am sure that there is a big Ebay seller that could easily sell a ton of these. Anyone know how to get this out there? I would love to see this product here.

Will2145

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Imos at 0.55mm it's kinda a deal breaker for me tbh. I went from having spigen then iloome to nothing. Been using naked screen for 3 months and it's holding up really well for me.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Imos at 0.55mm it's kinda a deal breaker for me tbh. I went from having spigen then iloome to nothing. Been using naked screen for 3 months and it's holding up really well for me.

That was the deal breaker for me too. No wonder they include a free home button ring with the protector. Also, there's supposedly a laser engraved logo on the protector. Hopefully it's on the underside where it isn't visible..

RodDavies

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2014
I always thought Aegis = imos... Am I wrong T_T

Don't know about the imos. I read that its thick? About .5mm? The Aegis is .33

Plenty thin, great coverage but I can see it'd be, like all full edge to edge glass, a bit of a problem with any form of case that the phone 'clips' into.

MHenr

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2008
Guys & girls, I think the solutions we have available to us right now are about as good as it's gonna get.
If someone would actually release a true edge to edge curved gorilla glass protector (if such a thing is possible) I think it would be a nightmare to fit. Even the slightest misalignment would ruin the fit. We're talking less than 0,5mm here ...

We all want a perfect fitting second layer of glass over our screens, without gaps or added borders and covering the curved corners right to the edge where it touches the aluminium.

Don't get me wrong if someone makes one, I'll be all over it. But I don't think it's possible.

I do wonder if it would be possible to taper the edges of the current non edge to edge protectors to such a degree that they virtually merge with the glass if you understand what I mean.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Guys & girls, I think the solutions we have available to us right now are about as good as it's gonna get.
If someone would actually release a true edge to edge curved gorilla glass protector (if such a thing is possible) I think it would be a nightmare to fit. Even the slightest misalignment would ruin the fit. We're talking less than 0,5mm here ...

We all want a perfect fitting second layer of glass over our screens, without gaps or added borders and covering the curved corners right to the edge where it touches the aluminium.

Don't get me wrong if someone makes one, I'll be all over it. But I don't think it's possible.

I do wonder if it would be possible to taper the edges of the current non edge to edge protectors to such a degree that they virtually merge with the glass if you understand what I mean.

If the curve was right it should fit perfectly and easily.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
I've read rumors here of a "new & improved" ZAGG Glass product that won't chip on the edges that they're selling now. Anybody know for sure if that's fact or wishful thinking?

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
Are there better close up shot sides, corner, home button, edges shot view?

better close up pictures during their main launching in taiwan. the reseller that ships overseas has another batch of orders coming in from taiwan, do check their pages for updates frequently.

also for 0.55 i wouldn't complain at least i know my LCD is guaranteed to be safe if *touchwood* my phone falls face down or on the corner.

https://www.facebook.com/MosCoat/photos_stream

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
better close up pictures during their main launching in taiwan. the reseller that ships overseas has another batch of orders coming in from taiwan, do check their pages for updates frequently.

also for 0.55 i wouldn't complain at least i know my LCD is guaranteed to be safe if *touchwood* my phone falls face down or on the corner.

They are looking for resellers in the States, and probably elsewhere. I don't know how to recruit or notify potential resellers...

Also, if Connect2U is one of their main resellers, they do not seem to produce high volumes of these curved glass protectors. They look nice in the pics.

Connect2U

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2015
Malaysia
Aegis, Tech Armor and other like them are edge to edge, but you can FEEL the edge. When swiping in from the sided or bottom, unless you have a case to cover that edge, you can feel it as a rough edge.

Imos looks to have a curve that does not produce this effect. Look at rjbeh's pics.

I wanted to get one, but Connect2U keeps selling out in minutes, so I actually posted on Imos's FB page and they quickly responded that they did not have a US reseller and asked if I knew of anyone. Funny

I am sure that there is a big Ebay seller that could easily sell a ton of these. Anyone know how to get this out there? I would love to see this product here.
Allow me to clarify. The stocks was sold out quickly because we have never anticipated such high demand for it. As this is the first batch we received, we wanted to ensure that the quality is consistent just like any other imos series.
Also, this is the first time we actually sell outside Malaysia. Considering the high postage charges, we did not expect the high demand from overseas market.
We would like to apologise on this and we will strive to improve our inventory in the future.

There are few cases where consumers dropped their phone on the ground causing the screen protector to break especially on the curved edges and corners, but none of those protected with imos 3D Corning resulted in screen damage. One might think it's a waste paying for a premium protector but still ended with a cracks, but to the consumer, they actually save a lot.
A replacement screen in Taiwan cost around 15000NTD while in Malaysia about RM1500. And it takes more than 1 week for them to replace it. That's why it's so important for us to protect our screen.

They are looking for resellers in the States, and probably elsewhere. I don't know how to recruit or notify potential resellers...

Also, if Connect2U is one of their main resellers, they do not seem to produce high volumes of these curved glass protectors. They look nice in the pics.
We are not their main resellers, the main one would be from Mos Coat from Taiwan. We are just one of their reseller but since we offer worldwide shipping, imos Malaysia refers interested consumers to us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.