IPhone 6 front camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kieran9810, Sep 23, 2014.

1. kieran9810 macrumors member

Just wondering how people are finding the front camera on the new iPhone? For some reason mine seems slightly blurry/low quality ( worse than my 5) not sure if it's just the way the camera is now or some type of fault?

2. Bahroo macrumors 68000

i6 front camera is incredible, it produces a sharper, better image then the 3.7 front facing megapixel camera in the S5, and its only 1.3 megapixels I believe the front facing camera on the 6, maybe, you might have a defective front camera? its not outstandingly sharp no, but it picks up a great amount of light for a front camera and is pretty clear and pretty accurate color reproduction

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

4. Starfyre macrumors 68020

Starfyre

How is that possible? Doesn't the S5 have a better selfie camera? (please do not reply with a "because its Apple"

5. kieran9810 thread starter macrumors member

The best way I could describe it is that it's kind of blurry.. As if it can't focus right. I'll try and post a picture tomorrow to show you what I mean!

6. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Great. We'll be here to tell you if you're crazy or not :p

7. rcckks96 macrumors member

I agree, I'm not impressed. It also has a yellow / orange cast as well. Looks like I have jaundice. My 5s was better.

8. kate9 macrumors newbie

Yes the front facing camera focus on my 6+ is far worse than my iphone 5 here is a comparison. Only lighting looks better. Anyone else?

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      262.7 KB
      Views:
  9. skyking517 macrumors regular

Here is a sample I took this morning from my 6 front camera....I think it looks much better than those I have taken with my 5s.

[​IMG]

10. teefar macrumors newbie

Coming from the iPhone 5 the front camera is a huge improvement. Make sure your screen is clean?

11. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

you don't happen to have a screen protector on the front that might be interfering with the camera, do you? sometimes they have a cutout that needs to be removed first. just a thought.

12. kate9 macrumors newbie

Yeah your photo looks better.

Yep the screen is clean and there is no screen protector or anything over it. The photos look better colour and lighting wise it's just that it can't focus unless the object is relatively far away. Further away than what the 5 could.

13. kieran9810 thread starter macrumors member

Still having problems with my front camera, been told to try a restore for it & my battery life which I'm currently doing. I will try and upload a picture later to show the quality of the picture!

14. kieran9810, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

kieran9810 thread starter macrumors member

A comparison of my 6 front camera to my 5, my 5 is on the right. for some reason the 6 just seems blurry to me.

Attached Files:

15. OMGwtfBBQwings macrumors regular

16. Samsee macrumors newbie

Samsee

Yes. I thought mine has a defect as well, but then I checked all of the I6 of my friends and its the same. The 5s is definitely better. Crisper photos.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 4, 2016 ---

Yes Mine as well. I actually regretted upgrading from 5s to 6. But I found a solution already. Install Camera+ it makes my photos looks so much better.

17. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

Megapixel count is only 1 factor that determines the quality of the photo. There's many factors, including the quality of the sensor (of which there are many sub-factors that determine this), the optics, the aperture, the software, etc. If you watch the keynotes for new iPhone announcements, you'll see the other hardware improvements that Apple has been focusing on.

Just bumping megapixel count is akin to just bumping up how man RPMs a car's engine can handle and claiming superior performance because it can ramp up the RPM. There are so many other facts that determine how fast/power a car is beyond the RPM range.

18. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Op was last seen in 2014. Why are you responding to him

19. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, that particular post was from 2014 it seems. (Although not ones from today.)

20. RedOrchestra Suspended

First time commenter, on a 2-year-old thread, along with an App suggestion - coincidence - I think not.