iPhone 6 games/apps problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dxy, Dec 23, 2014.

1. dxy macrumors newbie

Dec 23, 2014
    I recently realized, that my iPhone 6 64GB Silver has some kind of problem with high end games, I firstly noticed it when I started GTA: San Andreas for the first time (had it bought for iPad 4 before), while playing, I noticed some frame drops here and there, all the time. On my iPad it ran COMPLETELY smooth without any lag whatsoever - on iPhone 6 it should run even better. It is playable, but it is not smooth as my iPad 4 and not as smooth as on other iPhones 6 - i know from watching yt videos. It is the same with Asphalt 8 - it doesnt run as smooth as on other iPhones 6. I've been on iOS 8.1.2 since I got my iPhone (last week). Have cca 30 GB free space on phone. All smaller games run without any problems.

Have you got any idea what may be causing this?
    I would be really thankful if someone could help me with this situation.
  2. benfica88 macrumors regular

Nov 21, 2008
  3. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Feb 23, 2013
    Could be a possible defective device though getting Apple to replace it is another story. I had a 4s with similar problems but I couldn't get a replacement until I had a noticeable hardware defect on it (like dead pixel or something). On the other hand, Apple replaced my MacBook Pro's logic board after I displayed COD 4 lagging (a well known game that shouldn't lag on that particular model). I would recommend seeing if the Apple Store iPhone have GTA, or get a friend, and show the unresponsive gameplay. My 4s runs GTA quite well so I'm suspecting the device to be defective.
  4. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Jul 21, 2012
    App isnt optimized for the iPhone 6 so..or very well could just have a defective i6 with a defective logic board
  5. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

Aug 20, 2014
    NY, USA
    May want to do a restore to try and isolate the problem first before you take it to an Apple Store, if you ask me.