iPhone 6 gets really hot when charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VJ1429, Sep 21, 2014.

1. VJ1429 macrumors newbie

Does anyone facing this problem. I charged my iphone 6. It's getting super duper hot. I don't no what to do. Can any one tell me what to do.

2. tatyiona macrumors regular

tatyiona

3. VJ1429 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am chatting with Apple support regarding this. They told will inform abt this to senior advicer and will schedule a call back. After the call we post the information

4. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I just got my iPhone 6 and noticed this as well. Phone isn't a week old. I restored fresh install. Still nothing

5. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Are you using the iPad charger with the 6? And are you using the device while it charges? That is strange

Are you using official Apple lightning cable and charging box?

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Because you are newly registered, I have to ask...

Have you ever had an iPhone before? If so, I imagine your 6 is getting much hotter than your previous device ever did?

Most phones definitely do get hot (or warm) when charging. At some point it is a matter of perspective, so it it depends on what you consider HOT. Is it unfomfortable to handle?

7. Ken Kaniff macrumors regular

Even that is a matter of perspective. I've had my iPhone 5 and 6 get pretty hot, to the point I'm sure some would indeed say yes it's uncomfortable and too hot to be normal... but I know it's fine based on experience.

If while charging and not sitting in the hot sun the phone is getting hot enough that the screen dims and will not go full brightness even manually, it's too hot. If the phone screen goes black with a warning message about being too hot- it's too hot.

If these scenarios happen while the phone is sitting somewhere very hot like up on your dash in the summer, this is to be expected. Move the phone somewhere cooler.

If these scenarios happen while you're just charging your phone in a normal environment- then yes, it's getting too hot and an appointment at Apple would be highly recommended.

And as touched upon earlier in the thread- using a higher wattage iPad charger on the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus could make the phone warmer during charging. This is normal compared to the stock 5 watt iPhone charger. (Unless it's too hot as I spoke about already)