iPhone 6 - Global Network Compatibility?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacVault, Oct 7, 2014.

1. MacVault macrumors 65816

Which iPhone model # is the most globally compatible and still works on Verizon CDMA and AT&T GSM? And is the US Cellular model more globally compatible than the Verizon model? I'm trying to determine from this page http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

Will Verizon provision a compatible phone even if I don't purchase it from them?

And how can I buy this most globally compatible hardware? Must I wait til the Apple Store sells the iPhone 6 unlocked?

I just purchased the iPhone 6 model # 1549 from Verizon but thinking of traveling south America, Europe, Australia, etc. Is there any one model that covers all networks?

2. MacVault thread starter macrumors 65816

Sprint iPhone 6 Most Compatible?

Do I read this right that the Sprint iPhone 6 and 6+ are the most network compatible? Model A1586, Model A1524

Looks like the above models include all bands of the other two models. So can I take an unlocked Sprint model and use it on Verizon, AT&T, US Cellular, etc?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    The sprint iPhone is locked and will not work on any US carrier even if you get sprint to unlock it.
    Stay away from sprint iPhones.