iPhone 6 Group Texting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bshire19, Oct 6, 2014.

1. bshire19 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I am having a problem with my new iphone 6 that i have never experienced on any ios device. I am part of a group text of about 9 people. Whenever people reply to a group text, it starts a new message thread. For instance, "Joe" sent a picture to the group message this morning. "John" replied and it started a new thread. "Jay" replied and that too started a new message thread. I have deleted all messages and tried to start new. This has not alleviated the issue. Has anyone else had this problem, or can someone shed some light on how to fix this very annoying problem? Thanks in advance!

2. Devlonc macrumors member

imessage group threat

Same type of issues here. Seems random not sure whats causing it. Also curious if anyone is not able to "search there current messages. (Sorry not trying to hijack thread) just seems to be another bug in the imessage system.

3. PixelpusherBV macrumors member

Yeah, seem to be having the same problem; start a group imessage text, but the replies come back in the recipients own thread, rather than the group thread. No idea how to fix this.

4. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

Seems like it's gotta be an iOS issue rather than an iP 6 problem. At least I don't see how it could be hardware related. [​IMG]

5. andrewduff415 macrumors member

I think you need to delete the message thread, and start a new one. ive been having this issue. and deleting it worked for me.

6. PixelpusherBV macrumors member

I'll try that out. Thanks Andrew.

7. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

Somebody's phone is recognizing one of the numbers as a text message instead of iMessage and thus creating a new group. Either that or you have the same group members twice with different names. If someone responds in one with a different name it will pop up.