Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rt1290

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2014
I just got an iPhone 6 two days ago and all of a sudden the screen went all fuzzy and has stripes across it (vertical and horizontal). I can still see everything, it's just not clear. I also tried restarting it several times, but no luck. What I'm wondering is, does anyone know what the problem is (if you can tell what I'm talking about lol) and there's no way I'll have to pay for repairs or anything right? I mean, it's obviously a manufacturer issue since it happened after 2 days and I've been very careful with it, but they wouldn't try to blame it on water damage and try to say it's my fault right?

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008
I just got an iPhone 6 two days ago and all of a sudden the screen went all fuzzy and has stripes across it (vertical and horizontal). I can still see everything, it's just not clear. I also tried restarting it several times, but no luck. What I'm wondering is, does anyone know what the problem is (if you can tell what I'm talking about lol) and there's no way I'll have to pay for repairs or anything right? I mean, it's obviously a manufacturer issue since it happened after 2 days and I've been very careful with it, but they wouldn't try to blame it on water damage and try to say it's my fault right?

are the stripes purple/green/blue or anything like that? i could answer your question as i used to work at the genius bar. make an appointment, don't just walk in or you'll wait a while. and no, they'll check the liquid indicators just to check. and they'll replace your phone. don't worry since these phones are new your replacement is new too, not a used phone. sorry you got a bad phone. things happen with new products when they make millions of them

rt1290

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2014
are the stripes purple/green/blue or anything like that? i could answer your question as i used to work at the genius bar

No, there don't seem to be any different colours, just stripes. The stripes look like this, if it helps:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6703948

but maybe not as bad. And writing is not nearly as clear as it was before. And thanks for replying by the way!

Last edited:

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008
No, there don't seem to be any different colours, just stripes. The stripes look like this, if it helps:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6703948

but maybe not as bad. And writing is not nearly as clear as it was before. And thanks for replying by the way!

bad display, just make a genius bar appointment and bring it in. they'll have to replace it. if you bought it at an Apple store within 14 days you can just walk in and have the regular sales people replace it. If you purchased it elsewhere and or if its after 14 days you have to go through the genius bar. but don't worry, those phones are new even though they just come in a plain box.

rt1290

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2014
bad display, just make a genius bar appointment and bring it in. they'll have to replace it. if you bought it at an Apple store within 14 days you can just walk in and have the regular sales people replace it. If you purchased it elsewhere and or if its after 14 days you have to go through the genius bar. but don't worry, those phones are new even though they just come in a plain box.

Good to know it shouldn't be an issue, thank you :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.