iPhone 6+ has signal, but shows no bars

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Danieluh, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Danieluh macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have a problem with a iPhone 6 Plus.

On a scale that goes from -140 to -40 (best signal possible is -40), the phone shows -65 dB. This is a strong signal. But the signal-bars doesn't show up.

Cellular data works fine, but SMS and calls doesn't work. If I reinsert the SIM, it shows the bars, but as soon as I try to call from the phone, call to the phone, or send a text message, the bars dissapear.

I've tried to connect to 2G, 3G and 4G. I've tried to reset network-settings, and tried another SIM-card. The phone is not jailbreaked. I've also tried to set up the phone as new.

Someone that have any tips for what I can try next?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. StarShot macrumors 6502

StarShot

Apple Store Genius bar? If you got it when they first came out, unless you have extended Apple Care, you are coming up on your one year warranty. I had a different problem with my iPhone 6 and about 2 weeks ago they gave me a new (probably reconditioned) phone. Works fine.

BEFORE you go into the Apple store, do a complete backup in case they do give you a new phone. I was running the iOS9 beta when my phone crapped out. Luckily, before I installed the beta, I did a complete backup. And that's what I restored to (iOS 4.4).

3. Danieluh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answear. In Norway its 5 years because of the Norwegian law. But the battery wouldn't take charge because of water damage to the charge-plug. The water did not reach the motherboard, only the Lightning-plug. After battery-change, the phone is charging. The battery is original, but the replacement is not done by Apple, and with the water dammage in mind too, I'm afraid it's no guarantee. I can try to change the lightning-flex where the antenna-cable goes, but I only have flex to iPhone 6 left, not 6 Plus, and I dont believe a change would work, because the phone HAS a lot of signal. It just doesn't know how to use it to other than cellular data.

4. StarShot macrumors 6502

StarShot

Water damage, that's a whole different issue. Probably toast.

Sorry...

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Pay for a replacement and next time keep
    It away from water.
    And obviously the water did reach the motherboard or you wouldn't have all these issues if it didn't.