iPhone 6 having a meltdown

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by haleigh, Jun 8, 2015.

1. haleigh macrumors member

So I bought mine new back when it came out and I've taken good care of it since. However, lately my phone has had the white logo screen pop up for a few seconds, then it takes me to my lock screen. Today I pulled it off the charger at 8am and I haven't touched it since. It's now 10am and I picked it up and I'm at 36% and it's super warm. I know I can take it in, but I don't have Apple Care or anything like that, so is it even worth it? Any idea on how to fix it?

2. DrakeMcEachern macrumors 6502

You're within the 1 year limited warranty. Call Apple. That's not normal

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You don't need AppleCare to take the phone in to a Genius Bar appointment, and you're within warranty, so the replacement should be covered unless there's water damage or something.

Of course before you do that you might want to backup your data and do a restore, to see if it continues doing this. That's the first thing they're going to suggest you do, so better to just get it out of the way.

4. bizzwriter macrumors newbie

My iPhone 6 was running super hot a few days ago, plus it wasn't picking up texts or email messages promptly. I did a restore and it's now running like new.