iPhone 6 Home Button Click

UofL Cards

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Forgive me if this has been answered but I just got an iPhone 6 after having the 5 since launch day. Is it normal for the home button on the 6 to make a weird clicking sound when I press and when I let go? Is it because the home button is different from the 5 because of the fingerprint scanner or is my new phone not acting right?

MVallee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
If you are talking about the clicking/popping kind of sound it was like that on the 5S as well. Must be the Touch ID sensor. Sounds a bit weird at first but you get used to it.

Comment

UofL Cards

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
If you are talking about the clicking/popping kind of sound it was like that on the 5S as well. Must be the Touch ID sensor. Sounds a bit weird at first but you get used to it.
Ok thanks! Just wanted to make sure it was "normal"

Comment

Thefan

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2011
I'm starting to think its not normal. My wife's iPhone 6 plus home button feels and sounds much better than mine. I'm taking mine back tomorrow.

Comment

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
It's normal. Touch ID buttons sound different than the old ones. My 5s and 6+ both sound the same. I love the flat button also on a side note. :)

Comment

GoingDark

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
My iPhone 6 home button is definitely a lot "clickier" than my iPad Mini 2 or any non-touchID device I've ever had. I'd say this is normal.

Comment

Itsedstech

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Out of 4 iPhone 6's I've used, one of them has a horrible almost loose like click every once in a while as if its rubbing on something, and then quiet the rest of the time. the rest have all been nice and clicky 100% of the time

Comment

Zebesbrain

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
I had an extra home button clicking sound that wasn't normal. You could barely hear it. But it was a very faint, high pitched, clicking sound that happened on the way down and on the way up. I took it to Apple and they fixed it for free. Now it sounds normal.

Comment

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
interestingly, a friend of mine complained to me today that his iphone 6 plus has a "pop" before it clicks. He and I can hear it. it definitely sounds difference than my iphone 6 plus.

this is definitely an issue.

Comment

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2009
Mine was kind of squishy. I put some isopropyl alcohol on a cotton ball and rubbed it on the home button.

It's perfect now.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.