iPhone 6+ Home button double click !!!???

Prissy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009
1) I feel when I press the Home Button twice on my iPhone 6+ there is a slight delay going into the Multitask screen, in a way I feel it takes 1/2 second longer than my 5S.

Is this normal?

2) Also can you guys test this out? When your iPhone 6+'s screen is black, leave your thumb on the Home button and use your other hand to click the power button. Once the screen is on and your thumb is still on the Home button, the device should unlock and go to the home screen. When switching to the home screens, do you guys see a slight blink?

Cryates

macrumors 68020
Nov 19, 2013
Chattanooga, TN
Omg. A whole half second.

Also, to your second thing...I don't see it on mine and when you anyone ever unlock there phone in that manner anyways?

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
1) I feel when I press the Home Button twice on my iPhone 6+ there is a slight delay going into the Multitask screen, in a way I feel it takes 1/2 second longer than my 5S.

Is this normal?

2) Also can you guys test this out? When your iPhone 6+'s screen is black, leave your thumb on the Home button and use your other hand to click the power button. Once the screen is on and your thumb is still on the Home button, the device should unlock and go to the home screen. When switching to the home screens, do you guys see a slight blink?
Works fine here.

Prissy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009
Maybe you have a triple click turned on under accessibility? It will wait if you might click a third time.
Nope... default

Omg. A whole half second.

Also, to your second thing...I don't see it on mine and when you anyone ever unlock there phone in that manner anyways?
I mean I wouldn't care if it's normal... It does bother me when I try to turn the screen on seeing the light blinks.

I guess I'll have to visit Apple again... It's gonna be my second 6+ return. :apple:

kamran9558

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010

Is this normal?

Mine goes immediately to the multi taking screen

And regarding your second question that's your touch I'd unlocking your phone :) and no it doesn't blink

vaultwit

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
1) Perform the following and verify that the problem no longer exists:

Settings > General >Accessibility > Guided Access > turn it off

If so, then the delay is due to the Guided Access. When set to on, there is a delay so your phone can see if there is a third click after the second one.

Prissy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009
1) Perform the following and verify that the problem no longer exists:

Settings > General >Accessibility > Guided Access > turn it off

If so, then the delay is due to the Guided Access. When set to on, there is a delay so your phone can see if there is a third click after the second one.
Just checked... It's off. Roar!!!! lol

vaultwit

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Just checked... It's off. Roar!!!! lol
Then it should be instant after the second click... you can try checking the following setting, although I doubt it will affect it:

Settings > General > Accessibility > Home-Click Speed > Default

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.