iPhone 6 : Home Button is antiquated for multitasking

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zakoops, Nov 12, 2014.

1. zakoops macrumors newbie

Short story
    As the home button of my iPod Touch was broken, I used for a few months the AssistiveTouch system (Settings>General>Accessibility) for whenever I needed that button. Bothersome at first, I learned to appreciate its use as it imparted a kind of zen feeling in the use of the iPod.

Then, I bought a brand new iPhone 6 Plus, thinking that the recovery of the home button would be a relief. But a few days after, I'm finding that constant double-clicking that button just to get the multitasking view is getting irritating.

Now
    So, even when the home button is working OK, I turned on the AssistiveTouch on my brand new iPhone 6 Plus, just to regain that peaceful feeling I had with the iPod Touch...! I assure you that it rapidly becomes second nature and it is faster way to reach the multitasking mode as well as a lot of other tasks too.

My questions
    Isn't a little bit antiquated having to always double-click on the home button to get that often needed multitasking panel?

For instance, why not use the Control Center (swiping up from the bottom edge of any screen) for also providing that multitasking functionality?

And last...
    Did I miss something that enables the multitasking mode (panel) otherwise?

2. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

I know the feeling, but why don't you jailbreak and install Virtual Home? Then you double tap a capacitive button which is way better than the normal home button

3. jahall05 macrumors regular

I think that is a good idea...swipe up to get the control center...make it the entire screen when opened the whole way and just put the icons on the bottom that you can swipe through for 'multitasking'.

apple.com/feedback