iPhone 6 Home Button Sound

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by desmortum, Apr 16, 2015.

1. desmortum macrumors newbie

Hi, everyone!

My home button is solid in general and works fine but sometimes it produces sort of a bit high pitched click upor releasing. It happens especially often if you press it somewhere near buttons top side. I mean in other words if you click button differently in different ways many times it sounds differently.

Have iPad Air as well, also had an iPhone 4S, both got solid sound, but those got other buttons, without sensors. Not much other 6s around, can't really check out if it happens to others.

Well, I know it's more of an OCD but is it happening sometimes for you? I don't really want button to break or something...

2. Maximeed69 macrumors member

Mine does the same thing sometimes and i had the same thing on my previous iphone 5s aswell i noticed that sound since apple released the touch ID probably its related to it we got the touch ID integrated with the home button so no worries about it

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Every iPhone I have owned has had a different sounding home button. Good thing is not one has ever stopped working.

As long as it works the sound does not "wake the dead", I am good with it!

4. Smartass macrumors 6502a

5. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I have had my screen replaced 5 times and given 1 new phone because of the home button becoming loud. What I think is happening at least is that the home button layers are delaminating or something along those lines create a space. If i barely touch the home button the top layer presses down, but not the button itself, in the process you hear somewhat of a loud crunching sound.

I think it may be due to the fact that i have a space heater pointing right at me in our finished basement, just a hunch.

6. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Same with mine, the home button on my iPad Air 2 feels and sound lovely. I'm swapping my iPhone 6 out for a 128gb model next week so we will see if that is better.

7. Darryjr macrumors regular

Darryjr

This is going to sound kind of odd. But my home button on my 6 + makes weird sounds and feels funky once in a while. I shut off phone, put rubbing alcohol on a q tip , and clean button Push it in with q tip , let sit for 5 minutes after cleaning. Works perfectly after that. No more double click feeling , no more sponginess.

8. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

My iPhone 6 has sort of a high pitched, loud click to it. Also, it feels like the button doesn't push down very far, feels cheap compared my friend's iPhone 5S. It doesn't bother me a ton, but it's a thing I notice from time to time nonetheless. Touch ID works fine, and the button always responds fine, so I'm thankful for that. Just feels and sounds a little odd. Very hard to explain. Haven't used any other 6's, so I'm not totally sure if it's a universal thing. My friend's 6 Plus has a great feeling home button, much like my other friend's 5S. So I don't know.

9. uid15 Suspended

uid15

Not sure if anyone told you, but space doesn't need heating - noone lives there, you're wasting your money...

:D