iPhone 6 home button sticking

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tobyoung1997, Oct 17, 2014.

1. tobyoung1997, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014

tobyoung1997 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I've had my iPhone 6 since about a week or so after it was released. Since then, the right side of my home button seems to be clicking/sticking, almost as if there's something underneath it. I brought it to the Apple store but they said there was nothing wrong that they could see. The TouchID also does not seem as responsive lately. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

Cheers

*EDIT* right after posting this thread, the sticking spread to the entire button. It feels like there's a pocket underneath it with something stuck there

2. bluewomble88 macrumors regular

I had the same problem with my second unit. Apple swapped it over for a new retail unit.

3. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Take it back. No way they won't replace it.

4. tobyoung1997 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did, they "didnt see the problem"

5. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Try a different store?

6. MacKid1983 macrumors 6502

MacKid1983

Same here mine is recently clicking funny and makes a loud click when tapping it. It does it more often than none. I wonder if i should make an appointment. I had the same thing happen with my 5s and they replaced the button for me.

7. Superman Y2K macrumors regular

Superman Y2K

I don't know if it's the same issue or not but when I press the home button it feels fine but sometime i get a pop/click noise about 10 seconds later or so.