iPhone 6 home/power/volume buttons build quality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Maximeed69, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Maximeed69 macrumors member

Hey guys what's up , so as many of you know and many of you had problems with the home/power buttons stop working after a while of usage especialy on the iphone 4/4s/5/5s they kind of get stuck . The volume buttons feels more solid and more durable tho but not the case for the home/power so i was wondering how you guys doing with your iPhone6's buttons since the release . They sure feel more solid than the previous models but im really worried to get worse in the future !

2. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

with the exception of the silent switch, all the rest of the buttons are better on my 6 Plus than my 4 and 5...

the silent switch on my 4 and 5 felt more solid, not to say its bad on the 6 Plus...

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

My home buttons have usually been ok but the mute switches on all my iPhones have been loose. The volume buttons on my i5 were loose but the ones on my 6+ are ok. Whether they stay that way is another matter...
    IME iPhone volume and mute buttons aren't the best quality. Samsung used to be good but two Note 4 models I tried had loose volume rockers. It seems to be the norm these days!

4. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65832

hamiltonDSi

I agree.
    It's not loose per say but it's more... softer ?!

5. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

softer is probably the best description... on the 4 and 5, flicking the silent switch had a more stiffer, solid feel...

6. Maximeed69 thread starter macrumors member

Indeed the mute switcher is kind of softer on my iPhone 6 compared to the 5s & 4s i had , but the volume keys on my 6 feels realy more solid on my 6 its like a bit different from device to another . When i was using my 4s , i lost the home button after like 6 months of usage and i saw that my friend's gf had her 4s since the release and she never had any problem with all the buttons ... So it can be different from one to another for sure

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

When we are "feeling" our buttons and trying to predict if they will get worst in the future . . . . . .:rolleyes: