iPhone 6, I can't be heard during phone calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PlumMac, Sep 13, 2017.

1. PlumMac macrumors newbie

My iPhone6 is having the weirdest problem: I can't be heard on phone calls, whether incoming or outgoing. I can hear the other person. I can be heard on FaceTime audio calls and Skype calls, and can record voice memos fine. I spent several hours at the Apple Store last week and they were baffled. Any ideas what might be wrong? It's super frustrating! Running the current iOS; restoring to factory settings didn't work.

2. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

This happens even when calls are put on speaker phone?

3. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

What about when you use the wired or wireless headset or earbuds?

4. PlumMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup!

Wired headset doesn't work. I tried with a Bluetooth speaker that can handle phone calls and it didn't work, but I'd never done it before so it's possible there was user error. :) I was following the manual, though, and tried it a few times, so I believe it doesn't work either.

5. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

FaceTime and Skype uses data. Voice calls use voice network. So unless your phone has hardware issue than the issue is with your cell service.
    But since headphones and speakers don't work, than you have a hardware issue with your phone.

6. lali macrumors regular

Hi. I have a similar issue with 6 Plus. Ends up that:

A) headphones connector is completely defective. Tried 3 different sets of regular Apple earbuds, used and new. Now guess what’s next.

B) i purchased lightning earbuds, that connect into the lightning plug, worked somewhat at first, now they don’t.

This iphone 6 plus is the least reliable Apple product I have ever purchased. Are you out of the warranty period? For me the issue is cellphone use. Sorry haven’t tried enough facetime and recordings.

Good luck
    --- Post Merged, Sep 25, 2017 ---
    You may try the lightning adapter and see if it works then? Are you familiar with this? I was not, a friend told me about it. Had no idea it worked on an older gen iphone.

7. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Have you tried cleaning out your ports?

8. lali macrumors regular

Thanks. I have and so did the Apple Store