iPhone 6 - I think this guy nailed it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chris092881, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Chris092881 macrumors 6502

I suspected it myself, but now I'm glad to know I'm not alone. The iPhone 6 will be pretty much the phone version of the current gen iPod Touch. Check out the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1ZqxBmg4-A

2. Chris092881 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow. I did! Thanks for the heads up. I'm using the app.

3. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

4. Chris092881 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, dude. Looking forward to the thinness and the edge to edge display it will (hopefully) have.

5. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

6. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

Think most people would rather see them keep the current thickness or even slightly thicker and have a decent size battery in there.

7. Dave245 macrumors 601

I think the battery life will increase, it usualy does by a small amount.

8. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I want to see it increase by a large amount. They can keep the thinner profile. Giv eme the same thinckness or thicker and fill all that space with battery.

9. cynics macrumors G3

I agree. I don't see any threads about "my iPhone is just too thick!!" as opposed to poor battery life threads.

iPhone used to dominate when it came to battery life. But some of the newer competitions phones are much much better in real world usage.

I recently took a trip to NYC just for fun with some friends and my buddies moto x was still around 50% when I was having bartenders plug my iPhone in. Usage was about the same, lot of social media and texting. Other friend with a 5S was the first to die but he was using his phone the most so that's irrelevant.

10. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

Are you looking forward to everyone bitching about the battery also?

11. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

Don't forget that while it will get thinner, it's also going to get wider and taller, which just allows for a flatter battery of a similar or larger size inside. There's a reason some of the large android phones have somewhat longish battery life; there's just more dimensional space to work with.

12. cynics macrumors G3

I think most of us recognize this, at least I do. However the need for a larger battery outweighs it's need for being more thin. At least to me anyway. Keep the iPhone 5's thickness or even thicker (4/4S) and cram a massive battery in it that can get 20 hours of usage.

Always feel like I'm tethered to an outlet when using an iPhone.

13. Chris092881 thread starter macrumors 6502

iPhone 6 - I think this guy nailed it

If the phone is bigger (size-wise), but still thinner than the 5/5S it should be fine. Plenty of room for a bigger, albeit flatter battery.

14. aztooh macrumors 6502a

No thanks on an edge-to-edge display. I cringe thinking about accidental inputs while just holding the phone. The top and bottom bezels certainly need to be shrunk, especially the top (symmetry be damned), but the side bezels don't have much room to get smaller.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    And agreed with others in keeping the thickness status-quo and utilizing a larger battery. And how thin is too thin when it comes to structural rigidity? Back to the large top and bottom bezels, they likely aren't going to shrink much, if at all...so it's going to be a tall device, making damaging it easier if the thickness is decreased dramatically.

15. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Not going to increase by a large amount. For most the current battery last more than enough. Some heavey users will have to recharge during the day or do without.

The phone will be bigger so they can fit more battery in but the screen will also be bigger eating up the battery. Circuitry will save some power, each generation uses a little less.

If it lasts 10% more it would surprise me.

16. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Great video from Unbox Therapy like usual. Really looking forward to the slimmer iphone 6 and I hope that the battery life will be better :rolleyes:

17. Chris092881 thread starter macrumors 6502

So are you one of those Apple fans that complains about the 'Big Fruit' losing ground with every new Android flagship release, but then when presented with the possibility of real hardware changes (and software) you get nervous and want more of the same? Not me. Apple better step it up for the 6. I want to see some real changes. I like my 5, but they can and should do better.

18. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

I hope the iphone 6 is nuclear powered.
    Ah the possibilities

19. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Why do people assume so much?

I stated I DO want changes; via the top and bottom bezels. A larger screen would also be welcomed. The side bezels serve a purpose. You grasp your phone around the sides, as I said, I could see some issues with a true edge-to-edge screen with accidental inputs.

If there are no issues with that, then great, edge-to-edge would be welcome. I'm sure that's something they would assure before putting that into production.

20. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

If you make it thinner but wider, it changes nothing.

21. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

this war on who can create the thinnest phone is annoying.

as someone with big hands, i'm very pissed off.

i hope there's a leather case for the iPhone 6 because that's the only thing saving me from dropping my iPhone 5 (it's too thin).

iPhone 3GS/4 were perfect. imagine if they kept this thickness? the battery life would be double.

22. Technarchy, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014

Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

iOS is plenty smart enough to ignore edge touch when no action is taken. Already done on the iPad Mini, and Air.

As for thinness, I really don't care. The 4S was thin enough.

Notice no one else is going for the thinnest award anymore. If anything android and windows phones have gotten thicker to accommodate more tech and battery power under the hood.