[iPhone 6] iMessage draining battery

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Eduardboon, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Eduardboon macrumors regular

So yesterday I got around 8,5 hours of usage out of my iphone 6, great! played a few games, did a lot of browsing, streamed some video. (also had motion calibration on still, it's off as per today)

Today; I browsed. Also; I received lots of messages via imessage, but didn't really send that many. Still, after 2 hours of usage my phone was down to 68 percent. Messages took up most of that battery during this time. I checked the capacity of the battery and it's at 1900MaH, which is good. So, why does imessage drain so much of the battery? This is also the reason my iphone 5 couldn't do more than 4,5 hours.

I wish I could get to that 10 hour mark Apple said we could get to. Brightness is always below 50 and push, bluetooth, most gps stuff is turned off.

2. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

Do you have the vibrate set?

3. Eduardboon thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I do, does that also drain? Would be the first phone to drain because of vibrate.

On an unrelated note; Got so paranoid of bending stuff that I checked if it was straight; now have a deep scratch on the screen. Well tough and my own fault for being paranoid I guess :p.

4. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

Well often for imessage the vibration is quite extensive. And if you are having a conversation - thats every few minutes vibrating