iPhone 6 improve signals?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kbt1020, Sep 13, 2014.

1. kbt1020 macrumors regular

Might be a stupid question, but does the iPhone 6/+ have any capability that helps it pick up cellular signal better than the 5s?

The reason I ask is because in my office building, one side of the building has signal, but where I sit does not (T-Mobile). I know majority of this is the carrier's fault and hopefully they improve it soon in that area, but I get signal every where else.

Any opinions?

2. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Plastic phones do seem to be unaffected by different hand grips. You can't really compare signal strength by looking at the bars as phones calibrate differently.

But as plastic phones allow signal to pass through I can only assume the larger antennas running across the back (assume that's what they are) of the iPhone 6 will mean the phone should be less prone to placement and hand grips attenuating the signal.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The bands on the back of the IP (which many people seem to hate) are there I think to allow for sufficient signal strength. As mentioned, plastic allows the signal to pass through metal does not.

We'll not know how well or poorly the iPhone 6 does in this, until we start getting reviews and/or using it.