iphone 6+ in Atlanta, GA

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by max5peru, Oct 20, 2014.

1. max5peru macrumors member

Hi! Im travelling to Atlanta from Latin America next month (from Thanksgiving until Dec 9th) and I'm expecting to buy an Iphone 6+ 64GB unlocked (or the tMobile version).
    So, what's the best time to be in the line and be one of the first customers? I am planning to be before their open the store just to get the new phone.
    Any ideas, recommendations?
    Thanks!

Antonio

2. BruiserB macrumors 65816

Just make sure you buy at the Apple Store....don't go to a T-Mobile store or you will get a locked phone. You can actually also ask for an ATT or Verizon one, just specify that you want it "device only" when they check you out. All of those will be unlocked and all will work equally well overseas.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Use istocknow.com and keep checking on the website for any updates. However keep in mind that just because the istocknow.com or other website shows that the device you are looking for is not available doesn't mean they were out of stock, the apple store you go to may have some in stock for walk ins so it's always best to ask if they have any in stock.

It shouldn't matter what carrier you buy it with because if you buy Verizon device only, it will come unlocked out of the box. Same goes for AT&T as well, if you purchase device only, it will be unlocked out of the box.

4. max5peru thread starter macrumors member

thanks for your support.
    What's the best time to be at the door of the apple store and get the iphone?
    Hope they want to sell me a device only....
    Oh got a question, since I'll take my local SIM with me, can I try it there using roaming? I have Movistar Peru as a carrier.
    Thanks!

5. BruiserB macrumors 65816

They shouldn't have any problem selling you a phone device only. I wouldn't tell them in the store that you want the phone to be unlocked and to work with your carrier. They might try to scare you that it won't work. Just buy it.

Then go back to your hotel or wherever you are staying and put your sim in and boot it up. It will work fine. But if for some reason it doesn't, then just go back to the store and return the phone and just say you changed your mind. Apple will take returns for 14 days with no problems.

6. USF813 macrumors regular

Don't take it out on Marta, if you want to keep your phone.