iPhone 6+ in suburbs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdspc, Sep 17, 2014.

1. jdspc macrumors newbie

So I've been seeing all of these polls about getting a 6+ in major cities for the 128GB model and the outcome not looking so hot. But I'm wondering about people like me, who 1. can only go to a carrier store, and 2. Only want a 16 or 32 GB model. Just wondering what time I should get in line if I only want a base model, and if carrier stores open early on launch day?

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I think it'll be worse at a carrier store, to be honest. Get there as early as you can.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Carrier stores are the worst of the worst. They get short shrift when it comes to launch day stock, and usually have very few units available.

And then there are the salespeople. Not once have I had a good buying experience at a carrier store, where a salesperson hasn't also tried to dicker around with my rate plan or features and screw something up in the process, or aggressively tried to sell accessories I don't want or insurance I don't need.

You can't blame them, they're paid on commission. But I personally think it's a blessing in disguise that Carrier stores usually don't get the stock that Apple stores do.

4. jdspc thread starter macrumors newbie

Would you say like 12 am early or like 4 am early? Carrier stores usually open at 8 on launch day, correct?

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I'm betting many carrier stores won't get the Plus models at all. Afraid we're looking at a Gold 5s situation.

6. sigp6 macrumors member

I usually go to the local AT&T store here the week following the release. I got my new 3Gs, 4s, 5s no problem.

7. jdspc thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn. I would drive the hour that it takes to go to my apple store, but I have to do this through tmobile jump. As far as I know, you can't JUMP at the apple store, is that right?

8. ryanbates macrumors regular

ryanbates

Well you're going to have a VERY hard time finding a 32GB model cause it doesn't exist ;)

But along with what everyone else said, Apple Stores are given priority and even they will be very short on 6 Plus supply.

9. BSoares macrumors regular

Chances are you won't find a 32GB iPhone 6 or 6+. Not this Friday, not ever. They're only made in 16, 64, 128.

I think they might have a couple in each store just to say they did but it might not be the color/size you want.

10. Cougarcat macrumors 604

12 am early, for sure. Even then, I might swing by around 10 to make sure 20 people aren't already lined up.

11. Rockies macrumors 6502

Always have a great experience upgrading at T-Mobile on launch day. I prefer not going to Apple and dealing with hundreds of people in line and trash on the sidewalk from people being there for days. Much more personal experience at my local carrier store.

12. billycuth macrumors 6502a

13. jdspc thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, oops. Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering why no one was talking about 32 GB models lmao

14. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I did a 3 AM last year. I was 12th in line and that was perfectly fine for Space Gray. That store only got 1 Gold phone and 3 Silver phones. They had TONS of gray phones.

15. jdspc thread starter macrumors newbie

do they usually open early?

16. Enabledobject macrumors 6502

Enabledobject

Who you calling a welp?

17. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I'm lining up at 5pm on Thursday night at my local Apple store. this year will for sure be bigger then last for 2 reasons...Bigger screen & complete redesign. I lined up at 9pm last year for the 5S and I was about 30th in line. So I'm expecting about the same if I get there at 5pm tomorrow. It should be a fun night. I'm actually looking forward to it. Not trying for a 6+. Just a 64g space grey 6. Hopefully stock is real good in that category.