iPhone 6 / iOS 8.02 WiFi issues

pdxrealtor1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
My phone is dropping wifi and it takes a reboot to get it back.

I've read of others having this problem, but it's been unclear to me if this is a potential hardware or software issue.

Can anyone here confirm?

pdxrealtor1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
Happens on iPad mini with retina. Back on 7.1.2. No issues.
^^ thanks. That seems to point to software, which I guess is better than hardware!

Besides the iPhone I'm done with Apple. So disgusted at how slow my iPad 2 is, and more-so the lack of choice to install an older OS that is more suitable for the iPad 2.

The surface pro 3 i7 looks to be a real nice option.

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
^^ thanks. That seems to point to software, which I guess is better than hardware!

Besides the iPhone I'm done with Apple. So disgusted at how slow my iPad 2 is, and more-so the lack of choice to install an older OS that is more suitable for the iPad 2.

The surface pro 3 i7 looks to be a real nice option.
Yeah, unless the new iPad makes a big splash ,I might get a Galaxy Note tablet when the new one hits.

jayiw

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
This happens almost daily on my iPhone 6. Wifi not showing anything. Reboot and it comes back. Also when I do have it, most of the time it's an erratic connection. Sometimes slow as heck, other times fine. Same thing with my car bluetooth. Randomly doesn't connect until a reboot of the phone. It's really getting on my nerves and pissing me off. I am tired of rebooting my phone 3 or 4 times a day. Awaiting next update to see if it fixes things. If not it's going back for an exchange.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
My 6+ does this. Resetting the network settings fixes it for a day, then I have to reboot again. Also happening on my Air running 8.0.2. Very annoying.

ant1298

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
iPhone 6 / iOS 8.02 WiFi issues

Please let us know if that helps. I don't recall having problems on iOS 8, and I spent a bit of time on it because I skipped the 8.01 update.

I never had problems on 8. I've noticed this wifi issue almost straight away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.