iPhone 6 + iPad Mini = Perfect Combination?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by renesandy, Sep 16, 2014.

1. renesandy macrumors regular

I pre-ordered an iPhone 6 for myself and iPhone 6 Plus for my partner. After much consideration, I decided to forgo purchasing the 6 Plus due to its size. Randomly, I decided to pick up an iPad Mini (cellular) and am thinking that it is a great addition for anyone with a 6 that may desire a portable device with a larger screen. Perhaps it seems redundant to pass on a larger screen and end up getting a separate device with an even larger screen, but my day to day interactions with my phone are different than those with a tablet.

Thoughts?

:apple:

2. kovey macrumors 6502a

Nope. iPhone 6+ and iPad Air seem more like the better pair.

3. anthonybkny macrumors 6502

anthonybkny

I don't get the obsession with big cumbersome devices. It's great if you're bed ridden or something but if you're out and about and are active, it's a no go. Iphone 6 and mini is a great combo. If you want big, use a laptop or desktop.

4. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I find the devices too close in size. If they run the same software, why should they have a different purpose? To each their own though. as a minimalist, I am one to prefer fewer devices that can do more. As long as you enjoy them, thats all that matters. If you feel like the mini was too small for that secondary screen, you do have time to return it and maybe purchase the air.

5. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

When my phone shows up I will have a 6 Plus and an iPad mini retina. I still plan on equally using both. They aren't the same device to me. All it means to me is not having to carry my iPad mini with me to work everyday. Now I should be able to make it through the day (email, calendars etc) exclusively with the phone. iPad still majority of the time at home.

6. rockitdog macrumors 68020

7. mxidis88 macrumors member

mxidis88

This is my exact feeling. I will probably want the 6+ eventually, but I love using my iPad mini w/Retina+Cellular for light note-taking, reading and other consumption tasks on the go. I tend to use my iPhone for messaging, phone calls, reference apps like mass-transit, maps, music, podcasts...things that work better on a compact device generally.

The 6+ would be awesome for the few times I'm watching a video or reading an article on a non-mobile optimized website, but for most iPhone things, it would just feel too big. In addition, I wouldn't be able to take those light notes on the 6+ like I do on my iPad mini.

It feels like people believe they can replace both their phone and tablet with the 6+ when they'll just end up with an inferior experience in both instances(see Microsoft Surface trying to replace your laptop and tablet). It will be adequate at both but won't excel at either...Just my 2-cents

8. Gregg10 macrumors newbie

my thoughts

For whatever it's worth- I ordered the 6 because I still want to be able to carry it around no matter what I am doing. I have a full size Ipad for the evenings when I have time to cruise the internet etc. I felt like I didn't want to give up portability during the day and at night I would rather have a bigger screen than the 6 plus to sit in my lap.

9. luminouslight macrumors 6502

luminouslight

What I'm planning on doing actually is getting rid of my iPad Air and sticking with the iPhone 6 plus and my MacBook Pro. Hope I don't regret it.. Going to use my 6+ for a week or so and see if it "replaces" my iPad.