Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
iPhone 6 is designed to be held right handed?! I can't press the power button anymore while holding with my left hand. I'm a right handed person but because I put my phone in my left pocket, I'm used to holding it with my left hand.

Should I switch to right hand use now? Can't press the power button without also messing up the volume buttons.

On the right hand, it makes sense because you are pressing it with your thumb.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
But then someone will say it's designed to be used left handed because they can't control the volume with the thumb while holding it with the right hand.

I can reach both sides just fine with either hand and I don't have really big hands.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
iPhone 6 is designed to be held right handed?! I can't press the power button anymore while holding with my left hand. I'm a right handed person but because I put my phone in my left pocket, I'm used to holding it with my left hand.

Should I switch to right hand use now? Can't press the power button without also messing up the volume buttons.

Umm hold it on your left hand and the first finger goes on the button#### how is that not happening?

munkydust

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
I just let the phone slide down in my palm and press it with my left index finger while my thumb is on the left side near the top of the the phone (above the volume buttons).

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
That logic makes no sense. Using the same logic, you'd conclude that all the previous iterations were designed to be held right handed as the sleep/wake button was located on the top right side?

I'm not left handed but trying it out I can easily hit the sleep/wake button with my left index finger while cupping with the base of my thumb and the rest of my fingers.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans

Absolutely not. Im right handed, use my 6+ with my left hand most of the time, keep it in my left pocket, and have no issues. Maybe youre holding it wrong?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.