Iphone 6- Is my Wi-Fi damaged?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by warnerve, Apr 8, 2015.

1. warnerve macrumors member

Sup guys. Im having a problem with my 6's wifi, as its speeds are way below when compared with my ipad Air 2

I have an 150mpbs connection in my house, so I did a couple tests with speed test using the SAME server. But the speeds are still very differently on my iPhone 6

I did another at the time I am typing and the results are:

Iphone 6: 85.31 mbps down/ 8.32 mbps up
    Ipad air 2: 112.76 mbps down/ 7.72 mbps up

Both are using the 5Ghz connection on my router.

The maximum down speeds I can get with my iphone 6 is about 70-85 mbps, it NEVER goes past 100 mbps like my ipad Air 2. Is there a problem in my 6's wifi antenna or something? I did these tests like 100 times, my Air 2 is always getting the most of my 150mpbs network :/

Btw I just updated my 6 to ios 8.3 and theres no difference at all in my Wifi speeds, still can't get past 100 mbps.

2. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Maybe try a "Reset all Network Settings" or a "Reset all Settings"? Or maybe set it up as new? You aren't doing both tests at the same time are you? Because that can fluctuate results I believe. Are there any processes with iCloud going on or some other download in the background or something?

I wish I could complain about getting 70-80 Mbps down lol :rolleyes: on a good day I get 15 Mbps. I can definitely see how it would be annoying though since you are getting a whole 30 Mbps slower on the iPhone compared to the iPad. Don't worry, I'm not trying to be demeaning, just a little jealous hahah.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here. It's normal.
    The iPhone and iPad have different hardware.
    You're fine.
    Do you really need to go faster than 85mb down on your iPhone?