Resolved iPhone 6 issues with handsfree bluetooth in cars

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by buckstah, Sep 19, 2014.

1. buckstah, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

buckstah macrumors newbie

I received the iPhone 6 today and ran into an issue with the Bluetooth in my cars.

Scenario A:
    - After syncing in my Jetta I attempted to call the wife. The call had an issue and I was forced to flip the audio output from bluetooth to the iPhone.
    - Deleted phone from car radio, deleted car from bluetooth connection. Once I re-sync the Phone, it immediately thinks it is Calling my wife's number. This ties up my audio in my vehicle and the only way to stop this from happening it to turn off bluetooth.

Scenario B:
    - Synced phone to wife's Cobalt, phone will not allow talking over bluetooth.

Additional Troubleshooting:
    - Synced wifes iPhone 5s to both cars without issues, works as expected (she has iOS 8).
    - My iPhone 5 (iOS 8) also has no issues.

------

Applecare is already closed this evening, and the next available appointments for genius bar are Monday. Any idea what I should do? I prefer to use handsfree in my car for safety.

2. buckstah thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, great news I have come across a fix, and I will share it here incase anyone runs into a similar issues.

Apple Discussion:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6538777

Fix:
    Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

3. newbigginboy macrumors newbie

Merc S550

[I have an S550 2012 and tried to pair the IPHONE 6.
    Looks like it works but no audio....very frustrating. My 5 works fine.

19805024]I received the iPhone 6 today and ran into an issue with the Bluetooth in my cars.

Scenario A:
    - After syncing in my Jetta I attempted to call the wife. The call had an issue and I was forced to flip the audio output from bluetooth to the iPhone.
    - Deleted phone from car radio, deleted car from bluetooth connection. Once I re-sync the Phone, it immediately thinks it is Calling my wife's number. This ties up my audio in my vehicle and the only way to stop this from happening it to turn off bluetooth.

Scenario B:
    - Synced phone to wife's Cobalt, phone will not allow talking over bluetooth.

Additional Troubleshooting:
    - Synced wifes iPhone 5s to both cars without issues, works as expected (she has iOS 8).
    - My iPhone 5 (iOS 8) also has no issues.

------

Applecare is already closed this evening, and the next available appointments for genius bar are Monday. Any idea what I should do? I prefer to use handsfree in my car for safety.[/QUOTE]

4. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

I have a 2013 Hyundai elantra and I'm experiencing issues as well. It connects,but the pickup and end call funtional on my steeringwheel don't work. Also I have to manually select my car bluetooth to talk through the car. It no longer does it automatically. Plus it won't sync my contacts either.

I have a iPhone 6 grandè 128gb.