iPhone iPhone 6 Jailbreak - Reasonable to Expect?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ourmountain, Jul 17, 2014.

1. ourmountain macrumors regular

So I'm in need of a new iPhone, and I'd greatly prefer it to be a device I can jailbreak.

I'm looking at either a 5S or waiting for the 6 in a couple months.

My main concern is whether the 6 will have a jailbreak near release. I know the iOS 8 betas are already jailbroken, but I know processor changes often close windows for jailbreaks.

With the currently available jailbreaks, is it likely that we'll see a jailbreak for the iPhone 6 early on, or is it more likely that it'll be a while - if ever?

I know it's all speculation at this point, but I'd rather make an informed decision and buy a 5S sooner if it's the way to go for me.

2. Thunder82 macrumors 6502

We have had a jailbreak for ever released iPhone, so I'm sure we'll see one at some point. Expecting one upon release, or even within the first few months is a long shot.

3. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

Anything is reasonable, but like the person before me said, I doubt it will come right away.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

the iOS 8 jailbreak is most likely going to come in Q1 of 2015

late December of 2014 if we're lucky and early Q2 of 2015 if we're not so lucky

5. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

yeah, worst case i would guess would be march 2015. best case i'd say maybe december 20th or so?

6. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

I know iPhone 6 will be much more tempting once that iOS8ra1n is out