iPhone 6 jb Smashed Screen

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Chukwe, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Chukwe macrumors regular

My wife's iPhone screen is smashed but usable. I'm planning to replace the screen at Apple Genius bar.

Will there be any problem\issue with the apple technician(s) as the iPhone is jailbroken? Can there refuse to repair it because it's jailbroken? I live in London, UK

2. eyoungren, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

In the US the policy changed over a year and a half ago. They have to prove a JB caused the issue to deny you service.

For a smashed screen the reason is pretty obvious.

I'm not sure if the policy has changed worldwide or not, but I would assume it has.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, what Erik said.
    But just in case try to remove or hide some of the obvious jailbreak hacks you have installed. Or enter some inside folders.
    They will not look into it but either way I would remove a few obvious visual hacks and reinstall them later when you get home.

4. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

I had a screen replaced on my 6, and the gentleman that took care of me was complimenting my theme lol. YMMV of course.

5. Samanosuke macrumors 6502

They won't blame it on the jailbreak. You can go as far as asking them not to update it.

If you find someone at apple that isn't helpful, walk out and go back another day to speak to another rep. Every Apple Store is hit and miss with that.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

They will ask you for the passcode. They'll also recommend you back it up. Beyond that they don't look at anything, officially anyway.